Army Cyber Warfare Officer and machine learning researcher specializing in R and Python.
I held critical staff and leadership positions while assigned to a reconnaissance squadron in Germany prior to be recruited to the Army's new cyber branch. I've presented original research at conferences, given invited presentations at national research labs, and was the youngest ever military officer to be awarded the Omar N. Bradley Research Fellowship in Mathematics.
Extremely curious, fast learner, hard worker. Right now I'm conducting research at DARPA / ARCYBER, and hold a Top Secret clearance.
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level II Candidate (present)
University of Edinburgh School of Mathematics; MS, Finance / Operations Research
United States Military Academy, West Point; BS, Systems Engineering with Honors
- Graduated in top 5% of class
- Thesis in the use of option implied distributions to construct efficient portfolios
- Distinguished Cadet, Dean's List 2008-2012
- python (including scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas)
- deep learning frameworks (especially Keras and TensorFlow)
- unix systems
- version control (eg: git)
Data scientist; Army Cyber Command, Army (2016 - 2017)
- Technical expert and advisor on machine learning, cloud engineering, and cyber security
Communications officer; 2d Cavalary Regiment, Army (2012 - 2015)
- Ranked as the best squadron communications officer in the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment
- Stationed in Europe for more than three years; planned and participated in several NATO joint training exercises
Data science intern; New Hampshire Community Loan Fund (2012)
- Worked as pro bono data scientist at a nonprofit financial development institution prior to attending graduate school
- Conducted independent research on the pricing and liquidity mechanics of manufactured housing communities in New Hampshire
- Co-wrote and published paper with fund Vice President